One of the healthiest foods out there, turmeric can also be used as a home remedy for bags under the eyes.
For the remedy, you need two teaspoons of turmeric powder and two teaspoons of pineapple juice (orange juice and lemon juice work as well).
Prepare a thick paste from the ingredients, and then apply to the bags under the eyes.
Wait for 10 minutes, and then wipe it away with a damp cloth.
How to Prevent Bags Under Eyes
Now, after I’ve shared some home remedies with you, I think it is only appropriate to help you avoid the embarrassing situation altogether.
Here are some tips how to prevent dark bags under your eyes.
- Sleep, sleep and more sleep
- Avoid rubbing your eyes
- Limit your exposure to the sun
- Never go to bed with make-up on
- Put a pillow or two under your head while sleeping to avoid bags caused by pooling fluis in the lower eyelids
- Consume foods rich with vitamin E, C, and A
- Stop smoking and limit your caffeine and alcohol consumption